How to Achieve Glass Skin
We see it, we want it, we got it. At least we try to.
Glass Skin is the new coveted K-Beauty trick of 2019 that is circulating the internet. Originating from Korea, the dewy, poreless, flawless finish on your skin, akin to glass, has created a buzz in the beauty community for hydrating and high end skincare. With the rise of skincare and beauty influencers on social media in the last few years, glass skin is the inevitable love child of this movement.
Achieving Glass Skin isn't hard by any means, but achieving TRUE Glass Skin does take time and concerted effort. This means tight pores, and minimal to no fine lines or wrinkles. Luckily for you, Esela Skincare can help you with both the quickie version and the blood, sweat, and tears version.
Give it to me fast:
If you're looking to leave the house makeup-free but still wanting to appear hydrated and awake, Glass Skin is your new best friend.
- First, start with a clean face with your favorite cleanser. Preferably a gentle exfoliant.
- Then we begin the layering process. Begin with an oils or serums that are already in your morning routine, such as a Vitamin C. Gently press this into the skin, avoid rubbing into the skin.
- After your serums are set, it's time to apply a sunscreen. Now, if you do not use a sunscreen...you will wish that you had when you're 70. Use them. They are life changing. If you're able to find a sunscreen that is also anti-aging, that's even better!
- Now reach for your Esela Skincare Daily Moisturizer in your favorite fragrance, Fresh or Luxe. Or any rich, hydrating moisturizer you currently have (it's okay, we'll forgive you this time). Warm up the product on your fingertips before gently pressing it into the face and neck.
- Finish with a fabulous hydrating mist or a creme highlighter and you my friend are good to go!
Now for the real tea:
The following steps are how to achieve Glass Skin everyday, rather than just once in a blue moon. This requires the patience and diligence in taking care of your skin over a longer period of time. Yes, that means no cheat days of not washing your makeup off at night (but like, please don't ever do that). You'll want to follow these steps religiously each day, maybe even twice a day depending on your current routine and the results you're looking for.
- Begin and end each day with a clean face. Alternate between using an exfoliant scrub, and an AHA/BHA exfoliant. Since it is technically impossible to make your pores physically smaller, we have to do our part to mimic those results. Scrubs are great for getting rid of any built up oils and dead skin cells laying on top of the skin, thereby keeping your pores small and clean. AHA and BHA's exfoliate your skin from the inside, tightening up your lower levels of skin. Thus, everything is getting a good tweak and polish inside and out.
- Continue with your serums and oils as usual. AHA's and Vitamin C's are not to be used together, so be sure to alternate between the two. Vitamin C one day, AHA's the next.
- Seek out products with hyalurionic acid and collagen. Both are amazing for retaining moisture and keeping your skin plump and full.
- Next, sunscreen. Use this everyday or I swear you will 100% regret it. It doesn't matter the color of your skin either. Darker skin is not automatically immune of UC rays, in fact it's quite the opposite. Since those with darker skin tones aren't as obviously affected by the sun and tend to go without sunscreen, they can often be even more susceptible to sun damage and skin cancer because of the lack of UV protection they put on their skin. So wear a sunscreen, please.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Our skin loooves moisture. Even if you have oily or acne prone skin, there are ways to avoid adding oil while still keeping your skin hydrated. A solid moisturizer that is long-wear, anti-aging, and loaded with benefits *cough* Esela *cough* is ideal.
- Lastly, use a retinol. *cough* Esela *cough* The Esela Level 1 Retinol Complex is absolutely essential to achieving a longterm Glass Skin look. The purpose of a retinol is to put your skin cells into over-drive, speeding up the cell-turnover rate. This means that your skin will shed layers faster, and yes, redness, dryness, and peeling can and will most likely occur. But that means that the retinol is working! After shedding some layers, your skin will come through looking revived and youthful with minimal fine lines and wrinkles.
- Do this everyday, along with any other steps you typically include and within 1-2 months you should be seeing a nice smooth finish beginning to appear.
Like I said, Glass Skin isn't a hard thing to achieve. It can take some time yes, but hard? No. We are HERE for this stunning beauty trend and hope that it sticks around for as long as possible. Because who am I kidding? Beautiful, glowing, healthy skin will never go out of style.